Sunday, March 8, 2009

...over a Chai with Tarun

What I want to do is............., This was how conversations usually began with Tarun Deep Girdhar (Coordinator - Graphic Design) in the very initial days of deciding the topic for our very first project.

Initially, ‘designing critical signage for NID seemed to be quiet interesting to me. And it was a challenging job too. Designing Signage for the prime design institute in the country....... Tough, very tough. But, I looked at the whole experience of learning involved and (I wanted to also get the best from of NID during the short two years stay in the institute.) Things seemed to go fine.

But, wait a minute!

Is this the only way to know NID?

My curiosity made me explore further. And slowly, things began getting a bit dull. I was loosing the fun and excitement.

I always wanted to undertake very active projects. One that would be very practical, interactive and would involve a whole lot of responsibilities.

Over the conversation, at a chai with Tarun, he happened to mention about this years Convocation at NID, 2008 and designing it’s visual identity.

Why don’t I take this up as my project?

I will get to learn a lot about NID and a lot from NID. It will involve work ranging from developing the identity to the very large display graphics.

And that’s how I finally decided the topic for my very first project.

‘VISUAL IDENTITY FOR 29th CONVOCATION OF NID, 2008.’

No comments: