Sunday, March 8, 2009

STAGE 4: PRODUCTION

Though my concept was not selected for the final execution, I did get an opportunity to work on the actual Banners. This identity was designed by Mr. Dilip Oza and Prof. Chakradhar Saswade (both faculties at NID).

This experience taught me a lot as now I had to think on a much larger scale, having much more limitations and restrictions.

Here again, I divided my work into stages,
  1. VISUALISING and EXECUTION
  2. PRINTING
  3. DISPLAY



This was the identity that was designed, which I had to use and design banners for the convocation. As, I had already worked on the banners for my project, the task became simpler.

I could make use the map that was sketched for the display of the banners.
PRINTING

As it was decided to SCREEN PRINT these banners too, the printing specifications remained the same.

SIZE: 3” by 8”
NO. of BANNERS: 47

COLOUR PALETTE
Here again, taking inspiration from the ‘Angawastra’ (the garment worn during the ceremony) the colour palette was decided. Instead of having colourful banners like they have every year, we decided to have gradation of yellow to orange to brown.




Once the colour palette was selected it was necessary to check the availability of the material of that particular colour in the market.
And we did find, though not the exact shades, but shades very close to what was expected.

No comments: