Sunday, March 8, 2009

INVITATION CARDS

The next stage was to design the main Invitation cards. Here, I gave myself the freedom to explore with paper, as invitation cards are the ones that make the very first impression on the visitors.

Why not make the card only as the very first experience of my concept? Hence, I began to explore.




The flaps die cut to form the four discipline arrows, which when open, leads to the fifth multi-disciplinary arrow and the programme details. Though, here, I would save a lot of money on the envelopes, the die cutting of the arrows would cost a lot and also make the card look a bit complicated.

The flaps were hence reduced to reduced to simple straight angles, which still symbolised the arrows






As this invitation was the one that would set the mood of the invited guests, I tried to create the experience.So, I painted the card blue from outside, symbolising the sky, and when you open it, it shoots out the colourful arrows.
I also tried different folding techniques to see if I could find a way of saving money on Die-cutting. But, the folds were getting complicated, and would leave too many creases behind, taking away the neat look of the arrow cuts.

This is how the invitation would finally look like, from the outside.

And when opened, this is how the invitation would finally appear from the inside.

No comments: