Sunday, March 8, 2009

P.S.

Like any other design student, I too had expectations of my project being implemented and was initially disappointed when it got rejected. My be, I had to work a little bit harder in terms of my design delivery, concept generation and presentation skills.

Nevertheless the reasons for rejection, as my guide said, it was LEARNING from it that was important to me being a student. This is what inspired me and kept me going during the live execution of the banners for the Convocation. And I did learn a lot, in terms of handling live projects, dealing with the people, getting the right information from the right source and analyzing it, so that it can be applied in the right way.

Mid-way during the project, there were so many people involved that, it became rather difficult for me to take the right decisions. Every person, being a designer had a totally different outlook towards things.

This was my state then...

But, then I realized that it is necessary to take only that what is right at that time and ignore the rest. Making the right decision at the right time is skill that needs to be mastered.

At the end, I did fulfill my initial interests of undertaking this project. I did get involved in very active tasks and had a whole lot of responsibilities, which I did manage very efficiently. And also got to learn a lot from this Institute: NID.

No comments: